Monday, November 28, 2011

I've Got Nothin'

Why is it that at times I can think of a million different blog topics and then at other times I got nothin'?!  As in the past, when I can't think of something good to write about, I just write a bunch of slop.  Yeah fun slop!  :)

1) Swimming a lot makes me tired.  I think I sometimes underestimate how tired swimming can make me.  I mean it's not like running where you are taking lots of pounding right?  All I know is, when my alarm went off yesterday morning it felt like I was GLUED to my bed.  So tired.  And sore.  I like!  Getting in shape!  :)

2) Oscar and I want to see the Muppet movie.  We planned on seeing it yesterday but that didn't happen because we slept in and then I didn't get my training done until too late.  (totally worth it for the extra sleep).  We'll eventually get there but in the mean time we had some very important discussions about who the best muppet of all time is.  (if you want to talk politics or world finances, our dinner table is not the place to be)  CLEARLY, the best muppet of all time is this guy:


I mean seriously.  How could you NOT vote for Animal??!!??!!  Oscar claims Rolf is the best.  Lame. 

3) Yesterday on the trainer I watched (among other things) the movie Bridesmaids (very funny and really good for trainer rides) and an episode of Law and Order UK.  Yep, that's right, Law and Order with the Brits!  It's kind of funny because they wear wigs in the courtroom and call the judge "My Lord".  Pretty cool if you ask me.

4) Also cool is this video.  I like this song (Manifesto) by the City Harmonic but what I think is especially awesome is that the singer (Elias Dummer) sings through about 75% of the Lord's Prayer without taking a breath!  Now that is some serious lung capacity!  If you don't want to watch the whole video advance to about 3:08 in and he goes until about 3:33 without breathing.  I bet he can swim a whole 50 under water without coming up for air.  :)


Hope everyone has a great week! 

9 comments:

  1. Yes! Swimming makes you TIRED! I totally remember that GLUED to your bed feeling... had it for ~7 days in a row during our 8 day swim block. ;) You don't drink coffee do you? Too bad. That helps. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny--Animal is my favorite muppet, and Rowlf is my daughter's favorite. I especially like in the first Muppet Movie when Animal gets all huge and breaks through the roof. . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a good week!!! I am with you on how exhausting swimming can be :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. HA HA HA I love the title. I get tired swimming too, so I took it out of my activities. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Zach saw the muppet movie yesterday but I think it was a little old for him. His favorite "muppets" were elmo and grover, so I'm not really sure what movie he saw. I can barely even remember swimming, but I do miss that exhausted feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never seen a Muppet movie, but I think that streak may end very soon with all the rave reviews people have given it. And YES swimming makes me really tired too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think all of your swimming is making ME tired! Looking forward to our Muppet Movie extravaganza.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE that video, Beth! Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha ha, for not having anything, this turned out to be a pretty good post, I was thoroughly entertained. Animal would be my muppet of choice too.

    ReplyDelete